Intermodal Transport is a solution that allows you to reduce transport costs on specific routes and directions. It is a transport in which we use several forms of transport in one transport unit along the entire route.
Intermodal transport - take advantage of the transport possibilities of the future
In intermodal transport it is possible to prepare a long-term contract with a price guarantee. This solution is dedicated to companies that want to obtain a guarantee of stability of transport costs throughout the year.
The advantages of intermodal transport are cargo safety and transport time optimization. The goods in motion are not exposed to unfavorable external factors.
By combining various forms of transport, we enable the optimization of current costs. If the cargo can be transported a little longer, our solution can bring even 50% savings with cyclical deliveries.
Intermodal transport allows to reduce the emission of harmful substances for our health and for our planet by up to 60%
Intermodal transport minimizes the possibility of undesirable events and random situations - damage or loss of goods, accidents and theft.
Intermodal transport, thanks to timely contracts, guarantees a constant price for the transport of Goods - which often reduces costs by up to 50% compared to road transport.
Get to know the details of the new Omida Logistics product
In the attached material, Mateusz Kokosza talks about how we handle services in Intermodal Transport.
Processes - Intermodal Transport
Learn about the Omida Intermodal service processes
- At this stage, we collect our client's goods and transport them by tractor and semi-trailer to the railway terminal.
- We offer goods collection as part of intermodal transport within a radius of 300 km from the railway terminals.
- After our driver takes over the goods, the loaded trailer is delivered to the terminal.
- Drivers driving in wheels on the routes served, in an intermodal product, obtain the best delivery times.
- After reaching the place of loading, the trailer is transferred to a dedicated wagon.
- Reach stackers and cranes are used for this purpose.
- When the semi-trailer is loaded onto the rolling stock, the tractor driver can make subsequent deliveries and pick-ups within a radius of 300 km from the railway terminal.
- At a certain time, almost every day, the entire train depot starts from the terminal to transport the goods to their final destination.
- The key advantage in rail transport is the continuous movement of our goods.
- The cargo goes to the destination terminal, and then the trailer is unloaded from the wagon and awaits collection by our driver.
- After connecting the trailer to the tractor, the load is delivered to the pickup point in accordance with the guidelines agreed with our client.
Choose Intermodal Transport and gain an advantage in Business
One unit, many possibilities - see how we do it!
Transport of goods moving on land roads by means of motor vehicles. Transport services using this mode of transport are provided by road carriers.Try Omida Intermodal
Transport of goods moving on land roads by means of motor vehicles. Transport services using this mode of transport are provided by road carriers.
Inland transport that moves goods by rail vehicles along a given rail network. Railway is a form of rigidly track transport, i.e. its vehicles can only move on a track that is characteristic for a given technology.Try Omida Intermodal
Inland transport that moves goods by rail vehicles along a given rail network. Railway is a form of rigidly track transport, i.e. its vehicles can only move on a track that is characteristic for a given technology.
Water transport including specialized ships, incl. container ships, tankers and bulk carriers by sea. Sea Transport is also known as Sea Shipping.Try Omida Intermodal
Water transport including specialized ships, incl. container ships, tankers and bulk carriers by sea. Sea Transport is also known as Sea Shipping.
Check what savings you can generate by choosing Intermodal Transport
The administrator of your personal data will be Omida Logistics Sp. z o.o.(hereinafter: Omida). You can contact us as follows: by letter to: Aleja Grunwaldzka 472C, 80-309 Gdańsk, by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: +48 58 741 88 14. Personal data will be processed in order to prepare offers on Omida products and services. Details about the processing of your personal data are available here.